Looking for free things to do in St Louis? St. Louis is the land of the free, with lots of free activities. With a bit of inside know-how, you can have lots of fun, no money required.
Check out our list of fun, free things in St Louis. Some are offered all year, and some are just for the summer.
1. As an animal lover, the Saint Louis Zoo is the ideal place to be! It´s home to more than 603 species of animals. Admission is FREE, however, there are small fees for some attractions.
2. Hang out at the Gateway Arch grounds. This iconic landmark is straight-up beautiful — and if you skip the elevator or the museum, the grounds are totally free.
More free things to do in St Louis MO.
3. Grant’s Farm – President Ulysses S Grant once owned the land where you’ll see more than 100 species of animals, President Grant’s cabin, the Budweiser Clydesdales, a great biergarten and more. Admission is free. Where: 10501 Gravois Rd. St. Louis, MO 63123
Our # 4 of things to do in St Louis for free is to visit Tennessee Williams’ grave at Calvary Cemetery. Where 15A. 5239 W. Florissant Avenue
5. Take a tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery. For one thing, it’s free; for another, it usually involves a free sample of beer and pose with a Budweiser Clydesdale while you’re at it.
6. Forest Park contains St. Louis’ major museums, Science Center, Zoo, and The Muny. The Jewel Box is an impressive display greenhouse, admission is well not totally free, but a steal for only $1. You’ll see hundreds of flowers while you’re there. Where: McKinley Dr. St. Louis, MO 63110
7. Like to meander through museums? The Missouri History Museum is just one of many free museums in St. Louis. Saint Louis Art Museum is hosting free outdoor movies every Friday night in July. Where: 1 Fine Arts Dr. St. Louis, MO 63110
Fun free things to do in St Louis for families.
The free Family Nights at the Magic House our # 8 on things to do for free in St Louis. Every third Friday of the month, you can take the kids to experience more than 100 hands-on exhibits for no cost at all. Where: 516 S. Kirkwood Rd., St. Louis, MO
9. Visit the World Chess Hall of Fame – did you know that St. Louis is the Chess Capital of the World? Audio tours are free. Where: 4652 Maryland Avenue
10. If you visit in September, The Great Forest Park Balloon Race at Forest Park awes the crowds and admission is free. Don’t miss the balloon glow, the food trucks and the fireworks display. Where: Forest Park Central Field, Jefferson Dr., St Louis, MO
Hope you enjoyed our 10 free things to do in St Louis Missouri please subscribe to my channel.
Images and video footage public domain, except:
“World Naked Bike Ride” by Neeta Lind, License: creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
The Magic House St. Louise, “in the funhouse mirror” and “Watching “Kenetic Art”” by Jinx! License: creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/